VLE Forms: confirmation sent to user via email

Angeliki Messari

Dear all

A quick question if I may: If I have a field in my form called (e.g.) "Contact Email" could I fire a confirmation email to that address every time a form is submitted? I know that a confirmation email goes to a specific email address, normally the administrator, which is set up in the Advanced Form menu, but that is fixed. I would like to send an email to every user confirming they have filled up the form. Can this be done?

Many thanks
Angeliki

Lovely Graham. Thank you. One more question, if I may. Do you think I should attempt to put an HTML widget on the page and see if I can fire an email from it? They could add their email address on a field in it or, could I pick up any info from the form itself?

Many thanks 

• Like 1

This is dead easy to do in Frog 3...  there is a ticky box which says...  Email results to Submitter!!  So not only can the form results be sent to a specific user...  the person filling it in gets there own copy!! 

We use this for CPD records etc!!

Sorry may not be helpful to you right now...  but FrogLearn could learn a thing or two from Frog 3!! :P

3 minutes ago, Angeliki Messari said:

Oh my word!  I thought Frog 3 is an older version than FrogLearn.  Am I wrong?  If it is an older version why was this, so useful a feature, abandoned?

Yep Frog 3 was 11 years in the making...  lots more features that haven't yet been recreated in its younger brother Froglearn!!