Share a recources so it can be seen on a public site

ADT

46 minutes ago, ADT said:

OK so im sure this is going to be a 5 mins answer.......  i have a form on a site that i have shared 'Public on the web'.  I have a image on the form but it doesn't show.  The image is in a Frog Drive folder but how do i share it???

Ok where am i going wrong?

@Graham Quince @gbligh @pconkie

I don't think folders can be shared publicly ...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

OK, I've just bumped into the same problem.  I have a folder full of videos on a public page. They play superbly for logged in users, but I need them to be available to some students who are not yet enrolled.  Any solution other than creating a guest user?   Thanks.

On 08/11/2019 at 19:12, ADT said:

So the answer would must be the resource has to be a site asset.... for it to work!!

That’s right.  If you take a look at @pconkie’s multi file upload widget, it looks more like shared folders than the file drop widget: 

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/multifileupload

On 18/05/2020 at 13:54, MarkB said:

OK, I've just bumped into the same problem.  I have a folder full of videos on a public page. They play superbly for logged in users, but I need them to be available to some students who are not yet enrolled.  Any solution other than creating a guest user?   Thanks.

Probably the same solution for this too.

1 minute ago, Graham Quince said:

That’s right.  If you take a look at @pconkie’s multi file upload widget, it looks more like shared folders than the file drop widget: 

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/multifileupload

Probably the same solution for this too.

I fixed my issue a while ago....  but thats for the update!! ?

3 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Still “skiving” but stuck with time to kill in a car park.

I was wondering what you were going....  waiting for the Mrs to come out of the shops??  Didn't get a reply from Adam, clearly he's skiving as well!! ?

Sorted now,  I just embedded the 25 video files in the site, so it ended up as a 26 page site. It which was more work but in fact a more pleasing outcome.

I still think it would be handy to be able to share a folder as 'public on the web' , with suitable warnings, anyway.

Thank you,

Mark

• Thanks 1