Art department

gbligh

@gbligh One of the schools I work at use Frog as a resource base for all their art resources. This is basically a series of sites containing different network files widgets displaying all the resources they have that will support students. i don't imagine however this is greatly used by students but does serve as easy access to resources and files from home if students needed it.

Another school I work at are using the assignments functionality to push out useful resources and homework activities to students via Frog. This to me is more effective as it prompts students to look at the resources rather relying on students accessing the resources on their own.

Hi @gbligh,

Have you seen the department template @Edd - it contains a gallery/showcase which is a great way of presenting student art.

I'd also suggest looking at the art classrooms and recreating on Frog what they have on the walls.  An image carousel of posters and art styles might help here.  In terms of using Frog's features, do you have Feedback (i can organise a trial if you don't).  With Feedback your art teachers can leave text, markers and audio feedback on artwork submitted.

@ADT for his ICT classes has been creating a page per student for them to have a space for their own work (planner portfolio extends on this and is in the development cycle - what this space for news on it's release).  You could add a wall or foum for peer review.

How about adding in some art teaching tools, such as a colour wheel (Adobe Kuler builds on this to include colour schemes https://color.adobe.com/)

This tutorial I created https://www.frogcommunity.com/optimising-images talks about the online image editor Pixlr, which has a lot of Photoshop's basic functions.  (Pixlr is Flash-based, so you might need to enable Flash if you're using Chrome - https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-chrome.html)

hope that helps

Like Graham said...

I'm currently working on recreating in Froglearn workspaces from Frog 3!!!  Not sure if you use them but we do heavely here!!  You would land on a Forum page... 

590088c3c873c_WorkspaceHome_fw.thumb.png.70f5c3387623ae0d70119b763c24aada.png

Next we have a resources page...  this page means you can share resources with a specific group.

590088d03294b_WorkspaceResources_fw.thumb.png.fe15556abb550a78817262c483f1f091.png

I've also set up an individual student page...  on this page I've put on a network files brick on for staff and one for the student.  This means if I open the page I see our version of the kids network space and when the kids open the page they see there network space!!!  I've also put a shared folder for specific feedback to them.

590088b85c396_WorkspaceExampleStudent_fw.thumb.png.9d01acc95e8373d7c295587d1373c9e7.png

Its all a work in progress....  there are a few things that don't work yet... like there's no way to hide other students pages from a specific kid!!!

Also the setup is a pain in the backside!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @gbligh,

Have you seen the department template @Edd - it contains a gallery/showcase which is a great way of presenting student art.

I'd also suggest looking at the art classrooms and recreating on Frog what they have on the walls.  An image carousel of posters and art styles might help here.  In terms of using Frog's features, do you have Feedback (i can organise a trial if you don't).  With Feedback your art teachers can leave text, markers and audio feedback on artwork submitted.

@Graham Quince  Has there been any thought that students could use feedback for a peer review?  This might be a cool way to handle it.  

Or if not have the students post an item in a shared filedrop/ google doc and have other student look at them and comment.  We could even use a google draw and others could write on the image.  This makes them the teacher as well.  

Matt

2 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @mmclaughlin

one of the projects in championing is getting forums to have rich text and file uploads which would be perfect for this.  

Right now as you say you could do peer review using a file drop and forum or google doc, but it will be so much neater soon (fingers crossed)

Rich text/file upload forums would be great....  notices as well!!! :P