Wall widget

Pete Foulkes

Question

Does anyone know how I can give our staff members access to the reply and delete buttons to posts on the wall widget without giving them Edit & Manage rights to the whole site?

Staff have also asked if there can be an Edit button so they don't need to delete and start again if they make a mistake.

Many thanks in advance

Pete

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Pete Foulkes said:

Does anyone know how I can give our staff members access to the reply and delete buttons to posts on the wall widget without giving them Edit & Manage rights to the whole site?

Staff have also asked if there can be an Edit button so they don't need to delete and start again if they make a mistake.

Many thanks in advance

Pete

Stick the wall on a new site and then embed it back onto the first one!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:18 PM, ADT said:

Stick the wall on a new site and then embed it back onto the first one!!

The wall is individual for each student on their E-Portfolio site, staff leave student comments on the wall, so I don't think embedding will work in this scenario :/

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

Hmm, could you use the Forum widget instead?   I think that allows editing.

I do prefer the Wall widget if i'm honest as you don't need that extra click to view the comments and it looks cleaner. Plus you don't need to add a Title. I like the noticeboard more than the forum but again not quite as much as the Wall. If there's no way users with contribute can have access to Edit and Delete comments then I might just have to switch over to a noticeboard. Parents and students only have View access so giving all features of the wall to contribute users wouldn't be a problem for us, but I can see how it might affect other schools.