DataStore Question

pconkie

A few questions for the datastore experts @adamw

We have been using datastore as a replacement to the SIMS behaviour module since September.  It has been very well received by staff as our new system is so quick and easy to use.  Parents love the fact that sanctions, detentions and rewards become instantly available in frog (rather then waiting for the overnight sync). We have incorporated the new email api to push notifications out to parents. Its working really well at the moment,

In 8 weeks we have generated 3375 behaviour datastore records. With another thousand or so related records for detentions and time spent in our behaviour support room. There isn't a noticeable performance hit yet, but is there anything i should do / should be aware of to keep things working optimally?  I did give staff the option of viewing records "for all time" initially, but have removed this now in favour of "this academic year" (which I think may eventually have to go as well).  I've set records from "today" as the default filter option.

I'm using incident category e.g "formal warning", "removal from lesson", "serious incident", "other" etc as the alias in the main datastore. 80% of records are warnings. Is there a way to filter alias in the api call along the lines of "NOT formal warning" or "everything except formal warning". This will certainly improve things further. 

If anyone is interested I attach the structure we are using for the frog datastore and our behaviour system flowchart.  It needed to be a 'live' system and frog allows us to do this.

Thanks

Paul

sanction data structure.docx

Colour behaviour.drawio.pdf

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Is there a way to filter alias in the api call along the lines of "NOT formal warning" or "everything except formal warning". This will certainly improve things further. 

I think if you just send alias as an array of things you want, i.e.

['behaviour.warning', 'behaviour.something', 'behaviour.somethingelse']

You'll only get back those things, So you should be able to use that to exclude the things you don't want back. Worth a shot anyway :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamw said:

I think if you just send alias as an array of things you want, i.e.

['behaviour.warning', 'behaviour.something', 'behaviour.somethingelse']

You'll only get back those things, So you should be able to use that to exclude the things you don't want back. Worth a shot anyway :)

It worked. Thanks.

• Like 1