Frog Templates - FREE RESOURCE SITES

Guest Edd

Hi there,

At Frog we have recently introduced something called Frog Templates!

What are these? These are free resource sites that schools can use as a new site, then edit and share amongst your users on your own school platform (FrogLearn).

Why use these? to save time and give you ideas and a starting point!

At Frog, myself & @Graham Quince have constructed the following site templates for you to utilise (see screenshot below).

58e500806c520_CurrentTemplates.thumb.PNG.d4dbe849e0946093f5a99a8488026730.PNG

In order to create a site on your platform using one of these new templates, from within FrogDrive --> Sites, click the blue "New Site" button. On Step 1 of the site creation process click on "frog Templates on the left hand side then select a template and continue through the normal site creation process.

58e5016017f3d_Frog-TemplateCreation.PNG.41e2ddf052a09bf0e7baf239bbcb705c.PNG

Any questions on these please let us know! FYI, currently working on Extra Curricular Club, Careers, Revision Portal & SEN - Independent Education Area.

Thanks,

Edd

• Guest changed the title to Frog Templates - FREE RESOURCE SITES

@ADT you may find some of these useful as I know you're building up your FrogLearn areas. Think of anything that could be utilised as a template, just let me know.

Sneak Peek:

58e5072b96bef_InProgressTemplates.PNG.0963782f9057751ae457ceb6367bb8bf.PNG

Just now, Edd said:

@ADT you may find some of these useful as I know you're building up your FrogLearn areas. Think of anything that could be utilised as a template, just let me know.

Sneak Peek:

58e5072b96bef_InProgressTemplates.PNG.0963782f9057751ae457ceb6367bb8bf.PNG

I already looked at some....  but no offence...  I like what im doing better..... :P

Just now, ADT said:

I already looked at some....  but no offence...  I like what im doing better..... :P

It's okay, each to their own ;) (I also updated them all over the last few days)

People may wish to download some, just to take a look and update their own sites based off these or even just for future ideas. What I'm trying to do next is focus on some of the ideas that sites can be used for, to ensure schools are getting the most out of the platform (e.g. how many schools have thought to use sites for Sports Days etc). I'm sure some have, but how amny don't have the time to get something in place etc. Nevertheless, any ideas let us know!

3 minutes ago, Edd said:

It's okay, each to their own ;) (I also updated them all over the last few days)

People may wish to download some, just to take a look and update their own sites based off these or even just for future ideas. What I'm trying to do next is focus on some of the ideas that sites can be used for, to ensure schools are getting the most out of the platform (e.g. how many schools have thought to use sites for Sports Days etc). I'm sure some have, but how amny don't have the time to get something in place etc. Nevertheless, any ideas let us know!

No no...  im not knocking what you are doing Edd... no doubt a starting point on some ideas will be well received by all... !!!

1 minute ago, ADT said:

No no...  im not knocking what you are doing Edd... no doubt a starting point on some ideas will be well received by all... !!!

No worries! We've only recently introduced the template server to schools. (and I think yesterday only "officially" communicated about it). Myself and Quincey often used the FrogStore but we feel for alot of examples the Frog Templates area makes more sense as it's more likely to be seen by teachers (and admins) when creating sites. I saw a different post regarding an SEN portal which I think you were looking at. I'll hopefully create one soon but I do require input on that one.

• 4 weeks later...

This is great, thanks.

I'm creating a series of sites using these and then will display them on our Champions training page. I think it's going to be easier to let them see the various options that way.

One issue I've had is that the Student Dashboard template won't build. It just gives me the blue frog of death and if I crash out and refresh, the site is created but with only the Home tab, Notices heading and no widgets or other menus.

• Like 1

Guest Edd
6 hours ago, vikpaw said:

This is great, thanks.

I'm creating a series of sites using these and then will display them on our Champions training page. I think it's going to be easier to let them see the various options that way.

One issue I've had is that the Student Dashboard template won't build. It just gives me the blue frog of death and if I crash out and refresh, the site is created but with only the Home tab, Notices heading and no widgets or other menus.

Hi @vikpaw,

There are alot more since I last posted (now 40) :)

I downloaded them all to a platform manually last week and oddly enough I had trouble with the student dashboard only. I'll need to look into that one further. fro the time being I've manually imported the Student Dashboard onto your platform. I was going to change the ownership of the site so it would sit under "My Sites" but there are 2 staff accounts for V.Paw so wasn't sure which was yours...

If you login to Frog and navigate to FrogDrive (as an admin) you can search for the site "student dashboard" using the top right search. As an admin you'll see an "All Sites" option (as admins can search and visit all sites). clicking this should show the site. In order to change the owner of this site simply left click to select the site then click the action cog at the top right. In the window that opens you can search fro your name and click Change to make the site yours (it will appear under My Sites). Let me know if you have any problems with this. :)