Image Carousel

THaines

What's the point in this widget? It's so clunky and un-user friendly it's making life more difficult. Annoyingly it's not showing in the Group & Policies app, so I can't disable it at the moment (service desk are sorting this).

Why can't we just have a nice, simple widget for a slideshow of images that works in the same way as the file drop, with just a big upload and delete button.

Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

I think the widget has a purpose and it is a nice one too. Maybe the journey of uploading images needs to be re-thought. Possibly just allow the widget to point to a folder in FrogDrive and display images?

I remember @Edd saying they were looking at this?

Hi,

The Image Carousel does serve as a simple image gallery but I can understand your frustration depending on the end use required. There was alot of discussion at Frog regarding whether to include this widget in the Dickens release, centered around the ability to "add" photos to it. On the one hand it works in way users are familiar with (Site Timeline & Photostream) where you can use FrogSnap or "Send Copy To" from your documents area. But on the other hand, a gallery is often thought of as a media display you can point a folder, then upload a few photos at once when required. The decision was to keep the widget in it's current state due tot he sheer number of schools that had been asking for it. I'll feed this back though as at some point we do hope to make advancements to this widget!

Thanks,

Edd

Hi again, @THaines @ADT @gbligh Do you have any further suggestions/improvements I can relay back in regards to the Image Carousel widget?

For example, I personally would like it to have an easier method of uploading/adding photos to this widget (such as pointing to a folder), choosing the display order of media (e.g. alphabetical, date uploaded/date modified) and even the consolidation of 2 widgets into one. By this I mean potentially creating a new "Gallery Widget" and adding 2 "View styles" in the settings, one for Photostream and one for Image Carousel (defaulting to this as alot of people don't understand Photostream). Plus the "Gallery" terminology probably is more relatable to teachers.

Can you think of additional aesthetic/functional changes I can log for consideration?