Assign to teachers?

MarkB

Question

Hi,

Is there a way to assign a page/site containing a task to teachers?  Ideally a set of teachers selected individually?

I didn't think that I was being overly ambitious in using Frog to give Frog training - but now I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Mark

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, MarkB said:

Hi,

Is there a way to assign a page/site containing a task to teachers?  Ideally a set of teachers selected individually?

I didn't think that I was being overly ambitious in using Frog to give Frog training - but now I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi @MarkB,

While you can't assign to teachers, you can use features like the Site List widget to display training sites to staff.  The Site List widget ( https://www.frogeducation.com/community/training/widgetguides/r-z/site-list ) will only display sites which the user has access to, that way you can configure a whole bunch of training sites and display only the relevant ones to teachers.

You could consider implementing Presentation Mode ( https://www.frogeducation.com/community/training/sites/presentation ), which hides the site's menu, forcing staff to click through all the pages.  I have found a Form at the end of a site is a good way of recording completion.   

In the next release, you will also have access to three new widgets:  The hotspot widget, the question widget and the SCORM widget.  As far as I know, all three can be set to "turn off" the next button in Presentation Mode - forcing users to work through the activities.  

We have built these new widgets as we have been creating a new product for workplace education, known currently as Frog Courses.  Built using the same tech as FrogLearn, the functionality and language is designed around staff and managers.  These courses can be assigned to staff and reports are generated on progress and completion.   There are even certificates available for successful completion of a module.  Courses has been built as separate from FrogLearn and the business needs to work out how best to offer this to schools.  The user management is quite different.  Not to get your hopes up, but the development needed to link this to a current FrogLearn is significant.  It is likely this will be a paid addition rather than being included as part of your current licence, although the three, new widgets I mentioned are included in the FrogLearn licence.

If you are interested in learning more about Courses, drop me a line and I can arrange to show off its features.

• Like 1

Hi Graham,

I have one page to send to a small group of staff.   I think I'll just email a link.  It seems they won't be able to submit the feedback, which is a text activity widget.on the page.

I'm delighted to hear that SCORM is on the way!

Thanks,Mark

23 hours ago, Mark Berry said:

Hi Graham,

I have one page to send to a small group of staff.   I think I'll just email a link.  It seems they won't be able to submit the feedback, which is a text activity widget.on the page.

I'm delighted to hear that SCORM is on the way!

Thanks,Mark

I think you should be able to use a form for the feedback.