DICKENS!!!!!

ADT

I've been sent an email to say Dickens will be with us next Tuesday!!!!

Clearly this is some kind of early April fools..... 

Its only been slapped in our face for over a year... 

"O in Dickens that's fixed"....  "Well in Dickens you can..." "Well if you had Dickens you could, oops you don't"!!!

When will the mockery end!!!

@Graham Quince@Edd

Edited by ADT
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

No mockery.  All beta tests complete.  All issues that were detected have been identified.  (frantically finding some wood to touch).

(REMOVED) I'll let others make the joke themselves in their head..... 

Edited by ADT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Graham Quince said:

No mockery.  All beta tests complete.  All issues that were detected have been identified.  (frantically finding some wood to touch).

So bug free you say...............  no knock on effects............

Mind if this Dickens release either doesn't happen... isn't all you've hyped it up to be....  or breaks everything.... You might want to disconnect your phones tomorrow..........................................................................

Here we go...... Things I've spotted/ remembered so far

Things I cant get to work now/don't work as expected.......... (might be us pass)

PDF Viewer

Changes file names when you download them... eg... on Frog its called Staff Bulitin.pdf downloaded it now called document.pdf

So I've updated/overwritten a PDF....  which is linked to the PDF viewer widget on a page....  erm its still shows the old version????

Frog Snap iOS

Couldn't figure out how to upload more than one file at once (delayed upload)....  found that hidden after you try to upload one...  but it doesn't seam to upload to a timeline on a page??  Uploads to an Assignment and FrogDrive ok??

Android one works!!!

Edited by ADT

Text Widget Improvements

If you have a double rowed navigation bar...  if you have a text box at the top of a page....  the new way of displaying formatting...  is erm...  hidden under the menu!!

There will be more... 

I am getting paid for this right?????  Bug Finders fee??? Product testing???

Edited by ADT
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ADT said:

Frog Snap iOS

Couldn't figure out how to upload more than one file at once (delayed upload)....  found that hidden after you try to upload one...  but it doesn't seam to upload to a timeline on a page??  Uploads to an Assignment and FrogDrive ok??

Android one works!!!

Uploads to an assignment? How exactly do we go about doing this on Android... or is this for iOS only? @Graham Quince

1 hour ago, clangstaff said:

Uploads to an assignment? How exactly do we go about doing this on Android... or is this for iOS only? @Graham Quince

Hi,

FrogSnap has always had this function, trouble is as a teacher or admin, you can't be assigned work so you don't see it.  As a student in FrogSnap, one of the send to options (Android and iOS) is My Assignments.  Any open assignment with a file drop will show up as an option.

Graham

1 minute ago, clangstaff said:

@Graham Quince @ADT I have logged in as a student on the app and still see no 'My assignments' option - I've double checked that student also has multiple assignments that are currently open.

I downloaded FrogSnap this morning from the store so would presume this is on the latest version.

Screenshot_20170328-110618.png

Screenshot_20170328-110640.png

@clangstaff you are right..... Just stole a phone off a kid...  got another kid to create a hotspot...  downloaded the app....  and tested it.. no way to upload to an assignment!!

From what I know...  Frog have used a different company to create the iOS version to the Andriod version!!!  Clearly they need to update the Android version to match the iOS version!!  O and fix the iOS version to be able to upload to timelines!!

Sorry not very helpful!!

• Like 1

Hi,

Chris, I've been out of the office all day, but was showing another school the same thing and it looks like you're right.  Sorry about this.  I'll chase up tomorrow and get some more details.

Regarding multiple uploads, I can do this.  Just tried now.  Take / select multiple pictures, then click on the thumbnail and you should be able to upload.

graham

On 28/03/2017 at 12:13, clangstaff said:

@Graham Quince This doesn't appear to be the case anymore (I've never known this to be the case). With the odd exception we gave up on FrogSnap... just looking forward to the new assignment app now.

Hi @clangstaff - you're right, I was mistaken.   I managed to find an Android phone in the office which had both old and updated versions of FrogSnap on it and neither point to assignments.  Really sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but looks like there was always a discrepancy between iOS and Android.    

In iOS the assignments button is very prominent:

IMG_0395.thumb.PNG.94c22b0cd56f0f9281e6b4a238b18b42.PNG > IMG_0396.thumb.PNG.7a211c3a210b175216dc298934db895a.PNG

The other bugs have been logged and reported to the app company who built it for us.

17 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @clangstaff - you're right, I was mistaken.   I managed to find an Android phone in the office which had both old and updated versions of FrogSnap on it and neither point to assignments.  Really sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but looks like there was always a discrepancy between iOS and Android.    

In iOS the assignments button is very prominent:

IMG_0395.thumb.PNG.94c22b0cd56f0f9281e6b4a238b18b42.PNG > IMG_0396.thumb.PNG.7a211c3a210b175216dc298934db895a.PNG

The other bugs have been logged and reported to the app company who built it for us.

No pressure but....  26 kids...  4 staff...  San Francisco...  Middle of July... way for parents to see what we are up too........ ;)

• Like 1

@Graham Quince Thanks for confirming - would be good to see this developed for Android as well. If we ever want to see Frog being a fully usable tool that staff and students alike can count on this is the kind of thing that needs to be addressed and resolved.

• Currently Android users are at a loss when it comes to FrogSnap and assignments
  • FrogDrive is limited to just ipads and has stopped working altogether at Holmfirth
  • The new Frog app is somewhere in the pipeline which is great to hear (however this has been the case for well over a year)
  • Assignments has a bug stopping teachers from downloading resources
  • Assignments has a bug where students who have submitted are not showing as submitted

It's very hard to drive school wide usage of Frog in-particular usage of Assignments when staff and students are so limited and faced by ongoing bugs which make homework submissions useless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clangstaff said:

@Graham Quince Thanks for confirming - would be good to see this developed for Android as well. If we ever want to see Frog being a fully usable tool that staff and students alike can count on this is the kind of thing that needs to be addressed and resolved.

• Currently Android users are at a loss when it comes to FrogSnap and assignments
  • FrogDrive is limited to just ipads and has stopped working altogether at Holmfirth
  • The new Frog app is somewhere in the pipeline which is great to hear (however this has been the case for well over a year)
  • Assignments has a bug stopping teachers from downloading resources
  • Assignments has a bug where students who have submitted are not showing as submitted

It's very hard to drive school wide usage of Frog in-particular usage of Assignments when staff and students are so limited and faced by ongoing bugs which make homework submissions useless.

@Edd aren't you working on the New App!!!!