Twitter embed help

C Wilson

We've got our main school Twitter feed embedded onto our staff dashboard and both myself as an admin user and staff users can view it fine. When I've used the exact same snippet of code on our student dashboard and I log in with one of their accounts it just displays "Tweets by @kw_sch" which links directly to our Twitter page but it doesn't displays the tweets! When I access the student dashboard with a staff account it displays as expected. 

This is the code used:

<a class="twitter-timeline" data-height="800" data-dnt="true" href="https://twitter.com/kw_sch" data-widget-id="382877609094168576">Tweets by @kw_sch</a>
<script>if (typeof twttr != "undefined") twttr.widgets.load();</script>

You can see what I mean in the screenshots. Has anyone stumbled across this issues before? Just wondering if it has something to do with any groups or policies settings??

twitterStudent.png

twitterStaff.png

• 2 months later...

In order for the code to work, there has to be another overarching bit of script pulled in, ideally on a dashboard.

If it's not present for students then it wouldn't work, the second line in your example would not be able to call the correct bit of code.

Staff users probably have this on their dash, and so they can access the student site ok.

I'm no expert, but it seems reasonable logic - i had similar issues and got some code of the twitter dev site which appears the same as the code supplied in the frog help site below, except twitter didn't give the extra test for twttr != "undefined" . I've now followed the steps given in the link below and it works.

Check this https://www.frogcommunity.com/app/os#!twitter-embed/ and try adding the step 1 code for students.

The above is assuming there isn't a standard dash for all users (staff + students) which already contains this code.

• Like 2