Student Reports through Frog

THaines

Hi all

Our Senior Team would like to look at sending student reports through Frog, as opposed to printing them and sending them home via the child. Has anyone managed to achieve this through Frog or have any ideas on how this might work? Importantly, they also want the parents to have to tick something to say they have read the report, in the same way they sign a slip of paper and send it back via their child.

Any ideas/solutions welcome!

Tom

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Could you use a form on the same page?

Yeah we could do, I've managed to import the SIMS Linked Documents (with the help of the Service Desk) so putting a form on the same page could work well! :D

• Like 1

Have to say SIMS linked documents in Frog 3 (although much easier for us than using the Assessment widgets) was a nightmare to manage. You only have the option to bring in all reports for students and there is no quick an easy way to filter and manage the documents when you get them into Frog.

Not sure if this is the same within FrogLearn but it was when I last checked. We're now looking at an alternative app based system for getting our SIMS data to parents and using Frog as more of a homework portal for parents allowing them to keep up to date with their childs' work but not attendance, behavior and reports.

The new system we are looking at handles attendance, behavior data and allows you to select specific reports rather than everything linked to a child. There is minimal work in the way of account set-up for parents and is entirely mobile based but links in with email and the schools text messaging communication.

• Like 1

Thanks for this @clangstaff - you're right, linked documents is a nightmare. I've just pulled in Year 8 documents and there's 121 pages...I'm not sitting here going through them all to disable everything except reports! Apparently by default FrogLearn pulls everything is but disables it all by default, so still a manual job to go through and enable what you want. I'm not sure what happens if you run another import after enabling/disabling certain documents and whether the new import will overwrite.

I'd be really interested to find out what this other system you're using is - can you drop me a message or email please?