Analytics App question

I've been looking at the Analytics App and noticed some rather skewed stats that make me wonder whether it actually works properly! It seems that any site that we link to on home dashboards using a Site Link widget especially, essentially gets a 'visit' stat whether the user actually visits the site or not. All these sites get pretty much the same visit/unique access stats so I'm assuming that it is incorrectly registering a Site Link as a visit. I've submitted a support ticket to see what they say but wondering if others have noticed the same sort of issue?

Edited by johnmorris01

Hi John

I can't say that I've come across the same issue that you've highlighted, although I don't think I've ever delved that much into the detail of the stats. I do, however, find issues with the stats whereby downloading one report says one thing and downloading another report, with the same dates etc., displays a very different set of results!

Also, I'm not sure how the analytics exactly work but when I go into sites within the analytics, it still displays sites which have been deleted in the list.

Tom

We have a ticket open regarding the Analytics app not showing up to date info for when user's last logged in - currently we only have data up to the 26/02 (today is the 02/03) - so wonder if the rest of the data is not up to date too. We need to be able to see if students have logged in to access work.  The Frog 3 stats were much more usable for us.

1 hour ago, smackie2 said:

We have a ticket open regarding the Analytics app not showing up to date info for when user's last logged in - currently we only have data up to the 26/02 (today is the 02/03) - so wonder if the rest of the data is not up to date too. We need to be able to see if students have logged in to access work.  The Frog 3 stats were much more usable for us.

Another win for Frog 3....  @Edd

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the issue is some sort of bug - every site with a home dashboard site link just happened to have the same amount of visits as the number of unique logins to the platform! Not sure if it's unique to our platform or whether it is a problem which affects other boxes but we are awaiting further feedback from the developers.