Frog Code launch event & coding competition - 19th April

Graham Quince

C5s02JBWMAIKZum.jpg.63f31bc86e81f2787dc782046f58a9cf.jpg

FrogCode will be arriving in Spring/Summer 2017 allowing you to build your own applications and widgets in Frog.

To celebrate we are hosting our first FrogCode workshop and providing schools who register with exclusive access to get FrogCode before anyone else.   

Get your thinking caps on and come ready with an idea for an application or widget to build on the day. Prizes will be awarded for best applications and widgets created on the day.

All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.  

Agenda - Frog Towers, Halifax - 19th April
11:00 - Welcome and introductions

11:30 - Code your own widgets (a working lunch will be provided) 

15:30 - Show and tell - present your applications and widgets

16:15 - Winners announced 

16:30 - Close

Register to attendhttps://r1.dotmailer-surveys.com/da21tqa0-4a28jmf9
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment. 

Some basic coding experience is necessary - enthusiasim is mandatory. 

You will need to bring your own laptop or device for the event (if you are unable to bring a device please let us know).

https://r1.dotmailer-surveys.com/da21tqa0-4a28jmf9

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Unfortunately i cant get to the event you are running so im wondering is there any guides for the frog code widget making process?

I have been playing with the html widget using javascript to produce lists of students made sites in groups pulled from the MIS and using the username to show external content tailored to the individual user but being able to add it in to a widget is the icing on the cake in my opinion as would mean my users can drop the external content on their own page.

I would be keen to get something made or even just a quick guide to get started would be grand.

many thanks

James

• Like 1

On 29/03/2017 at 10:20, jcraig said:

Hi

Unfortunately i cant get to the event you are running so im wondering is there any guides for the frog code widget making process?

I have been playing with the html widget using javascript to produce lists of students made sites in groups pulled from the MIS and using the username to show external content tailored to the individual user but being able to add it in to a widget is the icing on the cake in my opinion as would mean my users can drop the external content on their own page.

I would be keen to get something made or even just a quick guide to get started would be grand.

many thanks

James

Hi James,

We are about to close down the Closed Beta Program as we transition into the Open Beta phase which would allow you to use FrogCode on your own FrogOS instance! 

I will flag this to @Graham Quince and we'll see about getting you some information. There is a FrogCode area on the community site (https://frog.frogcommunity.com/frogcode) which has videos and tutorials to prepare you for the event.

Any questions, Let me know.

~ Chris

• Like 1

• 3 months later...