Markbook issue

pconkie

Question

Just had a member of staff ask how she can see all of the students in a class as there is no scroll bar. I suggested a the mouse scroll wheel but she only has a track-pad (no mouse) on her laptop.  I went to help but couldn't find an easy way to do it (2 fingers didn't work as it was a pc).  Any suggestions apart from getting her a mouse?!

6 answers to this question

Hi Paul,

I have been taking a look at the support forums for the Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop and saw this comment on their forums:

"The older way to scroll is to place one finger on the right-side of the touchpad and drag up or down."

Could you try this on the device to see if this works at all?  Just trying to see if we can offer a potential work around while we discuss this with development.

Kind Regards,

Tracy Rauch

Service Operations Manager

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Just had a member of staff ask how she can see all of the students in a class as there is no scroll bar. I suggested a the mouse scroll wheel but she only has a track-pad (no mouse) on her laptop.  I went to help but couldn't find an easy way to do it (2 fingers didn't work as it was a pc).  Any suggestions apart from getting her a mouse?!

This is something that ive heard from our staff...  its not as intuative as it could be!!  No doubt this would be a RFC rather than a bug!!  @Matt

• Like 1

Hi Paul / Adrian,

I have been taking a look at this issue and can advise that on a Mac device (Macbook Air) I could use the trackpad to successfully scroll.  So that we can investigate further can you advise of the make / model of the device that you are using.  Am I right to assume that the user can scroll on the devices trackpad when viewing websites or folders etc?

Kind Regards,

Tracy Rauch

Hi Tracy

It was a toshiba laptop (satellite pro). No without a mouse the user can only scroll on a website using the scroll bar.  As there is no scroll bar for the list of student names in markbook thee doesn't appear to be anyway to get to the kids near the end of the list.

1 hour ago, FrogTracy said:

Hi Paul,

I have been taking a look at the support forums for the Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop and saw this comment on their forums:

"The older way to scroll is to place one finger on the right-side of the touchpad and drag up or down."

Could you try this on the device to see if this works at all?  Just trying to see if we can offer a potential work around while we discuss this with development.

Kind Regards,

Tracy Rauch

Thanks, will see if this works.