Issues with Assignments?

pconkie

Question

17 answers to this question

As a follow up i've been to see one of these members of staff

1. Refreshing frog does not solve the issue

2. Full log off and on does not solve the issue

3. When you click on the green circle the loading/spinning frog head appears and does not disappear unless you click elsewhere to close the assignment list

4. On my machine which seems to work the following runs when the green circle is clicked:

myfrog.js

myfrog.css

analytics/set 

getReportData

getReportData seems to be the one that contains the details of my current assignments.

On the machine that doesn't work only the first 3 run, getReportData is not called.

5. Confirmed that it affects student and we as staff profiles.

6. The assignments do exist in Markbook and I can open them etc, everything looks ok as far as the data used to create them.

Seems like a bug to me, but i'm not sure what those affected have in common.

Edited by pconkie

Just an update to this issue which Connor has diligently been trying to replicate.

I have now had reports of over 50 users affected from all 3 of the main profile types.

I have now been able to replicate the issue with my own account! Here is what I have tried:

Chrome unknown version on Windows 10 unknown version (my school office pc) - Works correctly

Chrome unknown version on Windows 7 toshiba laptop unknown version - Does not work

Chrome 76.0.3809.132 64bit on Windows 10 Home 1903  - Works correctly *

Edge 44.18362.267.0 on Windows 10 Home 1903 (same pc as above) - Does not work - see video 6 *

Firefox 69.0 64bit on Windows 10 Home 1903 (same pc as above) - Does not work *

iPhone 10Xs 12.4.0 web safari - Does not work

iPhone 10Xs 12.4.1 web safari (same phone as above now latest) - Does not work *

iPhone 10Xs 12.4.1 chrome (same phone as above now latest) - Does not work *

iPhone 10Xs 12.4.1 MyFrog native app (same phone as above now latest) - Works correctly *

iPad Air 12.3.1 web safari - Does not work

iPad Air 12.3.1 Chrome (latest) - Does not work

iMac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 Chrome 76.0.3809.132 64bit - Works correctly - see video 1 *

iMac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 Safari  11.1.2 - does not work - see video 2 *

iPhone 8 12.8.2 web safari - does not work - see video iphone1

iPad Air 12.4.1 web safari (latest) - Does not work *

iPad Air 12.4.1 Chrome (latest) - Does not work *

iPhone 8 12.4.2 web safari - does not work *

Kindle HD Fire Silk Browser - Works correctly!!

* - OS/platform and browser all patched and up to date with latest versions.

Edited by pconkie

video 3 iMac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 Safari  11.1.2 with web inspector open - visible exceptions thrown in console....

and video 5 - as above but with breakpoints set (also in case anyone is going to suggest that using css to hide the new messages app icon is the cause, i removed that styling from this point on)

4 hours ago, pconkie said:

So its not just me then!  Haven't you had loads of kids come and say they "can't" access their assignments?

We only let most of the kids in on Wednesday......  no ones harsh enough to set work yet!!!! ?

1 hour ago, gbligh said:

Is it only assignments with attachments? Or sites with attachments? I set HW earlier without any attachments, or without a site linked, and it went through fine.

I think there are two separate issues then: personally I’ve had no problems setting assignments nor have I had anyone else here say that they can’t set assignments. We just have reports from some users that they can’t see them after clicking on the indicator in the top right.