The end of Flash

Graham Quince

Looks like the final nails are being hammered into Flash's coffin.  Google have already made it awkward to enable Flash to run and every time I open Chrome I get a warning saying it will be completely gone by December 2020 when Adobe ends support.  Microsoft are saying they will phase out Flash before this date too.  At least we've been given plenty of warning.

I'm assuming this isn't news to anyone, but I did wonder what everyone thinks about this?  

I loved Flash and over the years built a number of resources in it.  I've never found anything that compares in terms of complexity.  Sure, I could make menus in HTML5.  jQuery & Javascript can reproduce lots of interactive elements, but I use to build complex quizzes inside animations and developed several Trial and Improvement games for Maths.  One of my favourite online resources is Pixlr Photo editor.  https://pixlr.com/editor/

In terms of school resources, are you actively looking to replace Flash-based resources, or are you just going to accept the loss of any material that uses Flash?