Enrichment Registers

ADT

So I may or may not be adding Enrichment to my many roles in school!!  One of the big headaches is registers!!

Right now the person who was in this post moved registers onto SIMs Marksheets.  In essence, it's a spreadsheet on SIMs that has a collum for each week and you stick in a y to say whether a student was there or not.  To add new kids a member of staff needs to email a member of our data team who will then add them to the list for next time.

Now we go to a shared spreadsheet, where they can just add a kid to their list if new ones turn up. The issues with that is staff could get the kids' names wrong.... nickname or something which id rather not happen.

The other option is to move it to Frog..... So we could use the form register brick to display who is in a group.... and tick the register.  However is there an easy way to allow club leaders to add students to a group without letting staff know they have access to edit groups!! 🤪

What do you do in your school???

#FrogCampionsAssemble

@Graham Quince @gbligh@pconkie

Now that's a tricky one.  You're wanting staff to be able to add users to a group, without being able to remove other users from a group?  Currently the Groups & Policies role to add users to a group is linked to being able to remove users.  They don't have access to add or remove features anyway.  And MIS groups are fixed, so they can't alter those users.

The Join Club FrogCode widget does allow students to add themselves to a group, as it uses the groups.amendMembers API.  So it would be probably be possible for a teacher to search for a student and add them using similar code:

Frog.Model.api('groups.amendMembers', {
  group_uuid: /*GROUP_UUID*/,
  users: JSON.stringify([{uuid: /*UUID_OF_USER_TO_BE_ADDED*/, leader: false}])
},{type: "POST"}).done(function(response) {
  // Success  
}).fail(function(e) {
  // Report Error
});     

Alternatively, the Form Register uses a form, so there is the ability to add an individual manually via that form.  This form's widget could be set to email the club coordinator (or you) and when you get that email, they (you) could add the new student to the group - so that next time, the register needs to be taken, they will be there - assuming someone has had time to update the club.

21 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Now that's a tricky one.  You're wanting staff to be able to add users to a group, without being able to remove other users from a group?  Currently the Groups & Policies role to add users to a group is linked to being able to remove users.  They don't have access to add or remove features anyway.  And MIS groups are fixed, so they can't alter those users.

The Join Club FrogCode widget does allow students to add themselves to a group, as it uses the groups.amendMembers API.  So it would be probably be possible for a teacher to search for a student and add them using similar code:

Frog.Model.api('groups.amendMembers', {
  group_uuid: /*GROUP_UUID*/,
  users: JSON.stringify([{uuid: /*UUID_OF_USER_TO_BE_ADDED*/, leader: false}])
},{type: "POST"}).done(function(response) {
  // Success  
}).fail(function(e) {
  // Report Error
});     

Alternatively, the Form Register uses a form, so there is the ability to add an individual manually via that form.  This form's widget could be set to email the club coordinator (or you) and when you get that email, they (you) could add the new student to the group - so that next time, the register needs to be taken, they will be there - assuming someone has had time to update the club.

Yep so I want them to be able to add but not remove.... and I also what it as easy as possible without giving them access to the Groups and Policy App.  Good knows what they could break if they had access to that!!

Obviously swapping from SIMs groups to Frog groups is dead easy.....and the Form Resister was something I looked at.  I know that will email but does it also store the data?

I've used the join group before to add staff and students to a group... the bit I need to work out is how staff can search for a student like in the user picker and then hit add to join their group!!

35 minutes ago, ADT said:

Yep so I want them to be able to add but not remove.... and I also what it as easy as possible without giving them access to the Groups and Policy App.  Good knows what they could break if they had access to that!!

Obviously swapping from SIMs groups to Frog groups is dead easy.....and the Form Resister was something I looked at.  I know that will email but does it also store the data?

I've used the join group before to add staff and students to a group... the bit I need to work out is how staff can search for a student like in the user picker and then hit add to join their group!!

The Form Register stores the data in a form on the same site, so you'll be able to export attendance, correct entries, search for students etc... using a data viewer.

For staff to add students, as above, we'd need to build a widget to allow that to happen.  So today.... you could do it with you being the middleman (adding students to groups), and in theory a FrogCode widget could sort it out what you need.  I could offer to estimate it for you, but I think we both know the answer.

14 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

The Form Register stores the data in a form on the same site, so you'll be able to export attendance, correct entries, search for students etc... using a data viewer.

For staff to add students, as above, we'd need to build a widget to allow that to happen.  So today.... you could do it with you being the middleman (adding students to groups), and in theory a FrogCode widget could sort it out what you need.  I could offer to estimate it for you, but I think we both know the answer.

The difference is there is a budget for this new role..... so quote away!! Don't forget the mate's rates!! 😜

• Like 1