Big problem! Parents removing linked documents

pconkie

Question

Just got off the phone with another parent....At first I thought something else must be the case as I thought it was impossible to remove linked documents, but......

If a parents opens a linked document like this...

Capture2.PNG.06195d75ce5bea898d571c3f0666a939.PNG

There is a (new?) edit option on the cog...

Capture3.PNG.c6bd20b72a6fd4f3011a724cf57faf83.PNG

and if they change anything and press the save button, the document is permanently removed form the linked document viewer.

Inspecting the api call shows that the entire resource section of the record is blank!

Capture.thumb.PNG.fff58b214c7a9a154dd6e41aed9ada38.PNG

Above i have opened the first two linked documents.  Document 0 has had me edit the properties and the resource section is now blank "[ ]".  Document 2 has been left alone and looks like all of the others and appears (like all the others) in the linked document list.

Two questions...

How do we stop parents accessing the cog

How do we get the linked documents that have been edited back? Syncing with SIMS doesn't work as the document hasn't been deleted, just the reference to it, that has been broken.

4 answers to this question

Hi @pconkie

Our Development Team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating this further, In the meantime I will create you a Support ticket and keep you updated with any progress regarding this particular issue.

In regards to hiding the "Cog" icon I could suggest removing the "MIS Linked Documents" widget all together from the site for the meantime as a workaround whilst our Development Team investigate the issue. 

In regards to the coding question I would suggest posting that in our Coding section of our Forums which I have provided a link to below;

Link: https://forum.frogcommunity.com/index.php?/forum/6-coding/

If you have any issues or questions in the meantime please let me know,

Kind Regards,

Jay 

Ok.  This seems to have hidden the cog on the preview app.  Advice please on if that will hide other things in other places that we do not wish to hide.

<style>
    .os-preview-download-holder .btn-group {
        display:none;
    }
</style>

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hi @pconkie

Our Development Team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating this further, In the meantime I will create you a Support ticket and keep you updated with any progress regarding this particular issue.

In regards to hiding the "Cog" icon I could suggest removing the "MIS Linked Documents" widget all together from the site for the meantime as a workaround whilst our Development Team investigate the issue. 

In regards to the coding question I would suggest posting that in our Coding section of our Forums which I have provided a link to below;

Link: https://forum.frogcommunity.com/index.php?/forum/6-coding/

If you have any issues or questions in the meantime please let me know,

Kind Regards,

Jay 

Thanks @Jay 

As we no longer send paper reports home, this is the only way parents can view them.  To take the widget away all together, would make the situation far worse!  I think I'll stick with the cog hidden, safe in the knowledge that the development team are on it!

@pconkie

No problem I thought that may be the case but yes our Development Team are currently awaiting for our QA Team to check the fix that they have created and this may hopefully be released soon in a hot-fix, patch or release of Frog. However, I will keep you updated on this issue directly on the Support ticket that I have created as soon as I receive any further updates. 

Kind Regards,

Jay 

• Like 1