Group randomiser

pdurber

Question

Is there any way of getting a page with the randomiser widget to float on top of other windows.

So staff might be showing something on the web and want to use the randomiser to select contibutors, It would be nice if it could be floting above any other windows so it is readily available.

7 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, pdurber said:

That's fine, but it retains the focus, so you can't do anything behind it, in or out of Frog.

If it's not possible then no worries. I just thought it would be a nice feature.

Thanks for the reply

How about using the site's web link and having it open in a new tab?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pdurber said:

Yes I am. I've put it on its own site so there's a link on the staff dashboard, called "randomiser" under the "Useful Links" section.

I'd suggest adding your site to the Quick Launch menu.  You can do this via FrogDrive.  Select the site in question and you can find an option in the Action Cog.  Add it for everyone.  Site Sharing determines who the link shows up for (i.e. students won't see the site in their quick launch)

That's fine, but it retains the focus, so you can't do anything behind it, in or out of Frog.

If it's not possible then no worries. I just thought it would be a nice feature.

Thanks for the reply

Hi @pdurber

You can create a site and have the "Random Name" widget on the site and then using the minimise button the windows which will shrink the window so that you can then open other sites or applications in Frog. I have provided a screenshot below which shows how you can have multiple sites open at once in Frog. 

If you have any issues or questions please let me know

Many Thanks 

Jay 

Frog - Multiple Sites Open.PNG

Yes, that works well, thank you, Although the other site is a bit small when projected, so  I linked to it as if it is an external site so it opens in a new tab. I can then pull the tab off into a new window and it's simple to switch quickly from the Frog site and the randomiser.

?

• Like 2