Distribute Page to Eportfolio Collection

ADT

OK so we use OneNote with our GCSE/A-Level classes...  one of the cool things is the ability to create a page and then send it to the student in that class note book but better still across other notebooks.

Frog's Eportfolio idea is good....  but wouldn't it been even better if you could create a page and then send it to an Eportfolio Collection adding it to all the sites in that collection???

https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-1351

@Matt @Graham Quince @gbligh @pconkie

55 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Well then - not quite this, but the Button widget allows you to add contents to an ePortfolio.   Of course each student has to click the button widget - but you can keep using the same widget, just change the contents of the origin page.

So nothing like it.... :P

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

@ADT Great idea and very much needed!

@Graham Q sounds like your next project!

1. Widget that only staff and admin can see * (like the button on the page viewer widget)

* because if the widget is on the page that gets copied, then the widget will get copied too! 

2. Essentially a button that when clicked gets the current page it is sat on and the ePortfolio collection * that the current site was the master for

* May not be currently possible, so instead could provide a list of ePortfolio collections to select from

3. Button uses the "copy page" functionality of the newly updated button widget as it loops around each ePortfolio in the collection adding the new page *

* This requires passing the source page (which we would have) and a sibling page (which specifies where to insert the copied page).  We wouldn't have the sibling page, but could fudge this by always inserting at the end of the menu.

What do you think?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pconkie said:

@ADT Great idea and very much needed!

@Graham Q sounds like your next project!

1. Widget that only staff and admin can see * (like the button on the page viewer widget)

* because if the widget is on the page that gets copied, then the widget will get copied too! 

2. Essentially a button that when clicked gets the current page it is sat on and the ePortfolio collection * that the current site was the master for

* May not be currently possible, so instead could provide a list of ePortfolio collections to select from

3. Button uses the "copy page" functionality of the newly updated button widget as it loops around each ePortfolio in the collection adding the new page *

* This requires passing the source page (which we would have) and a sibling page (which specifies where to insert the copied page).  We wouldn't have the sibling page, but could fudge this by always inserting at the end of the menu.

What do you think?

I think this is a good approach, but i reckon beyond me

@Adam @simon brahan @Simon Law ?

@Matt

I can’t see a link between the collection and the site the collection was created from. There is a source-uuid in the collection, but it doesn’t appear to match the uuid of the site the collection was created from?