Transition Portal

ADT

OK so i was asked this morning...  you know how we do this Year 9 baseline test though Frog...  can you remake it in 365 Forms so we can get the three middle schools to do it before they finish this year.

So it got me thinking...  as we share a managed service...  i could add the students to our platform temporally using there AD username...  then assign them the same Test (FrogPlay Quiz) we have used with this years yr 9... job done!!

So I've created a Transition Portal site...  but then i hit an issue!!  I thought i could add them as other profile and force the Portal site to be the landing dashboard....  works...  but i cant set other an assignment!!

Then i thought i could use the external student profile via a csv...  still cant set them an assignment!!

I'm probably missing something simple.....  no doubt its group settings..... so do you do it and how???

@gbligh @Graham Quince @pconkie

External Student only works with FrogConnect, so the middle schools will all need Frog and for you to have set up FrogConnect to allow External Students to access your platform.

So - that leaves the Student profile and rules to hide pages they don't need to see and show pages they do need to see.  If you have them as a Group, you can also turn off everything you don't want them to have too.

11 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

External Student only works with FrogConnect, so the middle schools will all need Frog and for you to have set up FrogConnect to allow External Students to access your platform.

So - that leaves the Student profile and rules to hide pages they don't need to see and show pages they do need to see.  If you have them as a Group, you can also turn off everything you don't want them to have too.

Hmmmm...  what about a redirect?

1 minute ago, Graham Quince said:

in theory - but redirects can be stopped.   But also, the Embed Site widget means you only have to set up one page

Yeah i didnt want them to land on the Student Portal...  i wanted them to land on a specific Transition Dashboard!!

Ok so ive gone with a direct URL to the Site.....  and then hidden everything the student dashboard.... apart from a page which has a link to the Transition Portal..........

Messy but it'll work......  i hope!!