Display Data Widget

pdurber

Question

A couple of questions about The data viewer widget. Attached to a form.

Can it auto refresh at a set time interval? I want to use a live form on our "on-Call" system. If a teacher needs support in a classroom they open and fill in a simple form. The support member of staff has a device (IPad or similar) while they are on duty.. They keep an eye on the data viewer and when a new student is added via the form (maybe enable a ping?) they respond, go to the classroom, deal with student and update the record. 

Currently they then have to close the site and re-open it to see the data again. Which is doable, but irritating. 

6 answers to this question

Hi @pdurber 

We don't have a function to be able to auto refresh the data-viewer yet, however the "Forms" in Frog allow you to enter an email address in the settings of the widget. Once you have entered an email address when a user fills out and submits the form an email will automatically be sent over including the details of the submission. 

I hope this helps, however if you have any issues or questions please let me know,

Thanks,

Jay 

52 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hi @pdurber 

We don't have a function to be able to auto refresh the data-viewer yet, however the "Forms" in Frog allow you to enter an email address in the settings of the widget. Once you have entered an email address when a user fills out and submits the form an email will automatically be sent over including the details of the submission. 

I hope this helps, however if you have any issues or questions please let me know,

Thanks,

Jay 

I saw this last night and was going to say something similar!!  We have a Behaviour Report Form that emails a pastoral email account.....  in that account i have rules that will forward the email on depending on year group so they end up with the right person!!

However looking at pdurber's request...  i get the impression different people are onduty all the time??

Yes. We have an "On-Call" rota. I am trying to get away from a paper based system, that requires someone to enter the details manually and keep logs etc.

Creating a form works perfectly, I've created an account called On-Call which the device will be permanently logged onto and handed over to the next person on the rota.

It works well except for the fact that the screen doesn't stay up to date, and if the on-call updates the record to say what they've done with the student, then the data viewer just stays blank. They have to come out of the form, then back in to get the display working again.

Is there any chance the notification can create an audible "ping"?

PD

Hi @pdurber

You can enter an email address in the widget settings by clicking on the "Forms" widget on the site whilst in "Edit" mode and select "Advanced" > enter an email address into here (please see screenshot below) and every time a user submits the form an email will be sent to the email address which will include the details of the submission. 

Many Thanks,

Jay 

image.png

Yes, I've done that. But I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. So just having the form dataviewer showing on the Ipad as the duty staff walked round the site would seem to be the easiest. However, because it doesn't stay "live" on an Ipad, like on a PC, then it necessitates the duty person to keep refreshing it.

Unless someone knows how to embed a "live" outlook mailbox in a frog page that will work on an IPad/Android device.

The Data Viewer widget works via an API call.   i wonder if it might be easier/better to replicate this view in a FrogCode widget with just the information you need and a timed refresh.  I'd love to volunteer to help with this, but I'm barely in the office for the next month. 

Maybe someone on the coding forums could help.

• Like 1