Tabbed Noticeboard

ghughes

Sorry, could somebody point me in the direction of the Noticeboard tutorial, how to do a tabbed one for different year groups. Seen it done on a tutorial somewhere, but can't for the life of me find it!?

Can't even see how to add a tabbed widget?

Thanks

Gareth

One of the things we found was creating your dashboard as a site and then nesting it into the dashboard page makes a very nice and easy to use dashboard.  It would also allow you to have different tabs.  If you create it you then can nest different sections of the page and if on the site.  You then can have different rules set for each group.  

Matt

15 hours ago, mmclaughlin said:

One of the things we found was creating your dashboard as a site and then nesting it into the dashboard page makes a very nice and easy to use dashboard.  It would also allow you to have different tabs.  If you create it you then can nest different sections of the page and if on the site.  You then can have different rules set for each group.  

Matt

Sounds intriguing, but I can't quite picture what you're saying.  Any chance you could do a screen recording to talk us through it?

If I understand what you are asking @ghughes  you want to have the ability to have a specific page to different groups.  

I do not have access to the dashboard to make changes to @Graham Quince   What I was thinking was to create a site for each of the groups.  Then you embed the nested page widget on the dashboard.  So now there are multiple pages and you set the rules on the nested page widget which should set up the permissions that you want.  That way you don't need different tabs.  Will create a video walking through it.  

Matt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@annBasically we have created a site.  Then we go to padlet.com and create a padlet and share it public.  This will allow us to pull the URL.  I then put the Embed website in it with padlet's URL and the functionality of the padlet goes with it.  I have set the padlet to allow me moderator rights so I have to accept all announcements and delete the old ones  It takes me 5 minutes each day.

Matt

• 5 months later...

@Graham Quince Is there any chance you can share the html code that is required to create tabbed notices? 

I'm having trouble with tabbed notices on a new install, something is broken.

Ours is setup to have a Notices Site with a notice widget for each year group on a new tab. The first tab is an All Notices page with nested pages. It also has two html widgets, one at the top to control styles and a second at the bottom.

The bottom one has the references to the UUID of the other tabs, so it can bring them together and show / hide the elements. This whole site is then nested into a dashboard.

The issue is, one I don't know where the UUIDs need to come from. I thought it was for each separate tab (menu item on the main page), but it didn't work and there is a second issue with the below code.

/*jshint loopfunc: true */
    $widgetsByYear[year] = $widgets.filter(function() {
        return $(this).data('content-uuid') === noticesUuid[year];
    });

It complains that you can't declare a function in a loop. Googling told me to add the commented jshint code, which suppresses the error in the html editor but i still get a 'malformed javascript' error at the bottom of the page and none of the tabs are clickable or seem to work.

Hi,

It's identifying the UUIDs that's the tricky bit and the reason I've not turned this into a tutorial.  The 'easiest' method is to run the site in Safe Mode.  Right-click on each nested page and choose Inspect Element.  This should highlight the correct UUID in the developer console.

Ignore the function in a loop thing.  That's Frog's HTML widget being picky about best practice.  That's not causing a problem with the malformed javascript.  If you email me the details of where the site is, I'll jump on and see if i can fix it.

• Like 1