IMPORTANT: FrogCode Youtube Widget Update

adamw

BF2A56662001BEFAFD9A6FC69B54D70FBABFDFACE6555B10.tgz

Hey guys, 

If any of you are using the FrogCode version of the YouTube widget, you will need to update it to the latest version (see the attached file).

This is due to a conflict with the new official frog YouTube widget. You may find that you have trouble using the new one, if you have the FrogCode version installed. I won't bore you with the technical details, but it is something to do with how they are referenced on a page - basically, the system can't tell it apart from the new one and so can behave oddly.

Any questions or problems, comment below.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, adamw said:

BF2A56662001BEFAFD9A6FC69B54D70FBABFDFACE6555B10.tgz 5.2 kB · 0 downloads

Hey guys, 

If any of you are using the FrogCode version of the YouTube widget, you will need to update it to the latest version (see the attached file).

This is due to a conflict with the new official frog YouTube widget. You may find that you have trouble using the new one, if you have the FrogCode version installed. I won't bore you with the technical details, but it is something to do with how they are referenced on a page - basically, the system can't tell it apart from the new one and so can behave oddly.

Any questions or problems, comment below.

Thanks.

Is one better than the other?

On 17/05/2019 at 11:40, ADT said:

Is one better than the other?

I haven't done a side-by-side comparison of them, though I expect them to behave pretty much the same. The only difference is that the official Frog YouTube widget would be supported by our service desk, whereas the Frogcode one wouldn't be.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, adamw said:

I haven't done a side-by-side comparison of them, though I expect them to behave pretty much the same. The only difference is that the official Frog YouTube widget would be supported by our service desk, whereas the Frogcode one wouldn't be.

So if you haven't used the old one heavily  you might want to switch to the real version!! :P

Both widgets are based off YouTube's supplied embed code and YouTube have changed their embed options.  So stuff like "Disable suggested videos" is ignored by YouTube any way.

What you can do is use Groups and Policies to hide the original FrogCode widget from the widget panel - it will still be availalbe on existing pages, but should prevent confusion for users.

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

Both widgets are based off YouTube's supplied embed code and YouTube have changed their embed options.  So stuff like "Disable suggested videos" is ignored by YouTube any way.

What you can do is use Groups and Policies to hide the original FrogCode widget from the widget panel - it will still be availalbe on existing pages, but should prevent confusion for users.

That’s what I did.... ?

• Like 1