Mark Schemes Manager

ADT

Question

Is there an easy way to turn on all the MIS imported mark Schemes... 

rather then having to open each one...

and manually click edit...

and then turn it on...

and then click save and then..................

6 answers to this question

@ADT There is not currently an option to be able to select multiple mark schemes and turn them "On" or "Off", as you would need to open them and turn them "On" individually. Maybe one for @Matt or @Graham Quince if they have any information on the future plans for "Mark Scheme Manager", however in the meantime I would suggest posting this idea on our Frog Idea's portal which I have provided a link to below; 

Link: https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/portal_session/new

If you have any issues please let me know,

Many Thanks,

Jay 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

@ADT There is not currently an option to be able to select multiple mark schemes and turn them "On" or "Off", as you would need to open them and turn them "On" individually. Maybe one for @Matt or @Graham Quince if they have any information on the future plans for "Mark Scheme Manager", however in the meantime I would suggest posting this idea on our Frog Idea's portal which I have provided a link to below; 

Link: https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/portal_session/new

If you have any issues please let me know,

Many Thanks,

Jay 

Hmmmm see they are all turned off....  now i would think i would have remembered turning them all off individually..........  or are they all turned off by default?

18 minutes ago, ADT said:

Hmmmm see they are all turned off....  now i would think i would have remembered turning them all off individually..........  or are they all turned off by default?

Something in the back of my mind says that this is the case. Since there can be a vast number of Mark Schemes that come in from MIS, I think we disable them by default so you can enable only the ones you're using. 

@Matt might have more info on that. His memory is better than mine :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adamw said:

Something in the back of my mind says that this is the case. Since there can be a vast number of Mark Schemes that come in from MIS, I think we disable them by default so you can enable only the ones you're using. 

@Matt might have more info on that. His memory is better than mine :)

It makes sense.....  but having to go into each one....  then edit each one...  then move the slide for each one.........  then save each one...........  seams a bit tedious!! :(

@ADT yes unfortunately the Mark Scheme Manager app wasn't updated when we added the ability to import Mark Schemes from the MIS. Beforehand it was only manually created Markschemes that could be added, which wasn't too much of an issue with the limitations it has for doing things in bulk....

I can see you've added an idea for this which is great, it will be interesting how we do go about improving it - as at the moment I've seen on many platforms there are a lot of, what look like, duplicate Markschemes that get imported. If these suddenly all get turned on, then it might overwhelm staff when it comes to picking a Markscheme to use (in the cases where there are hundreds). We would have to look at improving that process of selecting a Markscheme for Assignments / Creating Markbooks, in the case where there are 100+ legitimate mark schemes to choose from.