SEN site

Corinne

Not sure if this is in the right place but does anyone have a specific area on Frog for SEN information/resources or anything similar? 

It is something myself and another member off staff feel would be of benefit and we feel examples would definitely encourage the SEN department to look into it further. They do not use Frog at all really in their roles, apart from the staff dashboard so I would like visual examples of what it can do and how it can help pupils. My ideas were to have a staff section to have documents relating to SEN, a student and parent area where any links to external sites such as maths and English skills, helplines or resource sites, advice etc can be posted. Also the curriculum here could be posted as we run a separate curriculum with some integration to mainstream lessons. 

On a slightly different note...  but on similar lines...

We have a VI unit in our school...  for Frog 3 I custom build a different front end for them to hopefully enable them better access to Frog content(colours, fonts, button sizes etc)!!  Has anyone customised Froglearn in a similar way???

Sorry to hijack your thread Corinne!!

We are in the process of building our new department sites for Forglearn of which our SEN department are in the process of building one!!

Like you say I see it as being a place to offer students/parents to get access to support in school but also access to external resource website/agencies!!

We also have an e-learning page on our dashboard...  which we put useful links/files that for all students!!  Which also explain how to log into some of these sites!!

el.fw.png

Edited by ADT
  • Like 1

@ADT Thanks for that - I have thought about customisation in that way but we currently use a free program called colour veil which students can access on any machine from a shared drive, as the majority of issues our students have in that respect is Irlens/dyslexia. It would be good to see what else could be done in this way but I feel like it could be a case of duplication of the dashboard which would become a pain in the long run. 

We currently have those kinds of links down the side of the student dashboard, things like accelerated reader, my maths and log ins etc. I was thinking for this more like things to help students with catch up skills or advice sites. It was also mentioned a while ago that this may only be shared with those pupils who are in our SEN curriculum program but I can see the benefit of it being open to all as a link too.

We have an area for SEN information, I was very lucky as I was able to train someone in the SEN department on how to use Frog and she produced pages for each year group with all the info on and even included the students photo from SIMs too. We don't currently have any resources on there but it is something I am going to suggest.

SEN page.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

@Corinne Please check out the "Independent Education Area" on the FrogStore (if you haven't already). This may give you a fe wideas. This isn't an SEN portal, it's more of a template to use on a "per student" basis in order to more closely monitor their work and easily feedback to students. Full explanation on the FrogStore though.

I'm hoping to get this on the template server in the near future. I will be explaining the Template Server on another post today (essentially, when creating a new site, under step 1, there are Frog Templates" you can use). Myself & @Graham Quince are creating these over time in order to build this bank of useful template sites. Any questions give us a shout. :)

• 2 months later...