Frog Parent - MIS documents

nward

Question

Good Morning

Is there a plan to allow you to export just a certain set of reports from sims over to frog parent using the extractor, every time I need to upload reports for a set of students I have to pull every report for that student again, for a Y13 student who has been here since F1 thats a lot of reports! 

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

@nward Hi Natalie,

There is not currently works to change the extraction of MIS linked documents in the Frog extractor, however you can filter these by "Year" and "Document Type" and you can leave the extractor to run this process and it will close automatically once complete. I have provide a link below to the Frog Extractor guide if you scroll down the guide under the heading "Importing MIS Documents into your FrogLearn Platform" it explains this process in further detail.

Link: https://support.frogeducation.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/froglearn---sims-extractor-configuration

If you have any issues please let me know,

Many Thanks,

Jay 

• Like 1

Hi Jay

Thanks for this, that is what we currently do. However today the principal has asked that I upload the Y10 mock grades and send an email to let parents know they are ready to view on frog at lunchtime. However, if i upload all of Y10s indvidual reports during school hours, it will take the server out as there are so many and it gets too slow for anyone else in school to log on (tried it a few times) and so I wont be able to do it till after school. 

@nward

This would be more of a hardware issue which would be the ownership of the school rather than a software issue with Frog or the Frog extractor.

However, as this is a request for change I could suggest posting an idea on our Frog Idea's Portal to ask for an option to "import MIS documents per class" as our Development Team regularly check and look at including the idea's with the most votes.  

Link: https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/portal_session/new

If you have any questions please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Jay