FrogCode widget - Suggestions

Graham Quince

For the student that has been chosen from a "select user" widget - display a list of assignments and include the status of each assignment  (not viewed / viewed but not handed in / handed in late / handed in on time etc).

• Like 1

I often get asked if Word doc based forms/logs can be turned into a system on Frog. At the moment I say yes, and usually use forms and a data viewer. This is a bit clunky sometimes, so it would be good if there was a similar widget to the Text Activity which worked without being part of an assignment.

Basically, a big blank box which can have a question or header attached, which students can type into and save.

12 hours ago, gbligh said:

I often get asked if Word doc based forms/logs can be turned into a system on Frog. At the moment I say yes, and usually use forms and a data viewer. This is a bit clunky sometimes, so it would be good if there was a similar widget to the Text Activity which worked without being part of an assignment.

Basically, a big blank box which can have a question or header attached, which students can type into and save.

A form with a text area can do this already, so i'm guessing you mean something else.  Is it for rich-text?

12 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

A form with a text area can do this already, so i'm guessing you mean something else.  Is it for rich-text?

Yes, basically a way students can add to a 'log' on a page without having to go into 'Edit' and use the text widget. It needs to be visible on the page all the time without having to look in a data viewer. 

Just now, gbligh said:

Yes, basically a way students can add to a 'log' on a page without having to go into 'Edit' and use the text widget. It needs to be visible on the page all the time without having to look in a data viewer. 

Could the wall widget do that?

Building a plain text widget is simple enough, adding rich-text is next to impossible :(   If you can mock up what you'd like, i'll give it a go.

• 4 months later...

A simple 'return' or 'back' button widget that can be dragged onto a sub-page and when clicked, goes back to the next page up in the menu tree.

Would make site navigation easier particularly if you have sites when many layers of sub-pages.

I currently do this with the text widget and hyperlink the text to go back to the page I want, but it can be very time consuming and a nice subtle button would look better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pete Foulkes said:

A simple 'return' or 'back' button widget that can be dragged onto a sub-page and when clicked, goes back to the next page up in the menu tree.

Would make site navigation easier particularly if you have sites when many layers of sub-pages.

I currently do this with the text widget and hyperlink the text to go back to the page I want, but it can be very time consuming and a nice subtle button would look better.

Hi @Pete Foulkes

Have you tried Presentation Mode?

While it turns off all over site navigation, it sorts the next and back.   

2 hours ago, Pete Foulkes said:

Hi Graham

I did give this a go but it doesn't really have the desired effect. The back button in presentation mode will go back to the previous subpage, but i'd like to return to the next main page in the tree if this makes sense?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Did you know you can copy and paste from a Text widget?  Might be just as quick as building, testing, then dragging in another widget on a page.

8 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi Pete,

Did you know you can copy and paste from a Text widget?  Might be just as quick as building, testing, then dragging in another widget on a page.

I do use the c&p at the minute which makes things quicker, still takes a few more extra clicks but it does the job. I think staff would benefit more from a back button when designing their own sites with complex drop-down menus and subpages.

I suppose it would be similar to a 'link to page' widget which i'm sure I've seen mentioned in the past, but with extra styling options. 

• 5 months later...