Next FrogLearn release...?

C Wilson

Just had the December newsletter forwarded to me (Which for some reason I don't get?) and in there it mentions 'In the new year' so I would guess then?

I would like to know about the updates mentioned (sorry to hijack!) but it says:

including the ability to use custom mark schemes. New and improved widgets let you do more in sites, including a new homework calendar widget and the ability to manage calendars from a page.

Myself and my the head of ICT here would like to know what this means, do custom mark schemes mean he will be able to use A*-U in the assignment manager?

And as for the calendar with homework's - does this mean I would be able to embed a calendar onto a dashboard/site and this display each students calendar to them and display homework's? I remember reading something about this a while ago but not sure if that was here or somewhere else like the idea portal. 

Hi both,

Sorry you've had to wait for the official newsletter, yes, we're hoping / expecting the next release to more or less coincide with BETT, provided testing doesn't cause issues.  

I've had a chance to play with the Custom Markschemes and they are pretty cool.   You can create any markscheme you wish (including A*-U), be able to publish them and unpublish them (so if your SLT decide they want all marking done with a set scale, you can).

You will be able to embed a calendar in a dashboard/site (not a students one though :()  Although you can use the embed website widget to embed the calendar currently, use this address:   yourschoolurl/app/calendar/?view_type=-1

Managing calendars from a page is a Create Event widget, which allows users to add events through a prebuilt form.

Sorry you've had to wait for the official newsletter

Hi Graham, I've not had an email with the official newsletter. Can I be added to the mailing list please or is it available on the Frog website?

Edited by C Wilson